Healthy food starts with food safety.
Our Food Safety team is comprised of trained scientists who work with the operational and IT teams to ensure that all our seafood items are safe and reliable.
Meeting FDA standards is just the beginning at Norpac. Our extensive and comprehensive SQF Level II Food Safety System ensures the safety of our products and the protection of our customers’ health.
Some of the key components that ensure the safety of our food include:
- Development and maintenance of a GFSI Food Safety Management System
- Daily inspections at various points of the day that ensure programs are being followed
- Daily review of production logs
- Monthly comparisons to GFSI-based Food Safety Program expectations
- Third party testing of water, ice, ingredients and food contact surfaces and finished products
- Screening of goods when they are received
- Fresh seafood is processed at temperatures under 40°F
- A policy of continuous improvement that focuses on what can we do, instead of what must we do